SEND YOUR MESSAGE OF SOLIDARITY.

Monday 22 August 2011

My Tweet'Escapade; The Fecundity Call.

Sometime last year, I watched Dr David Oyedepo (G.O Living Faith Church) preach a sermon saying that 'your worth in life is essentially a product of the use of your mind'. At the time, I cared less for this country's plight given the fact that I could eat three mouthwatering square meals a day, get Silverbird galleria tickets to see My favourite movies et al. In the course of the build up to the 2011 elections(My first time eligible), I developed a sense of belonging and patriotism for the country as I began to see through various media the rot and maladministration the 'previous' and 'current' dispensation had done to Us. In order not to let it continue, I began writing and posting notes amidst mockery from family and friends on My facebook page such as '2011 Elections;My thoughts', 'Building the Nigeria of Our Dream', 'Nigeria;An Opportunity in crisis'. With the above said and done, My motive was not accomplished as the crop I fought against had the media and everyone for them. I told Myself 'Who am I afterall',A young undergraduate.
I became active on twitter six months ago(though I registered the account late 2009 out of being internet savvy), something that struck me on it was that It had people I had always read from afar and wanted to connect with. I immediately learnt the ropes and began My 'tweetosphere' sojourn following and not being followed. It pained me as I was not being heard(followed) for the first few weeks running to months because I had a purpose for being there. It was as if I was tweeting nuggets and opinions to the air. I decided to start getting on several discussions(uninvited) afterwards and then gained some followers from there. Amongst my first sought after followers were @ALIBABAGCFR @chidimokeme and @Audu, I remember bragging with a few friends in school here that the Ace ribcracker followed Me. With continuous tweeting and several engaging duels, I began to get people, some by begging nonetheless.
Some of the people I hold in high esteem on twitter include @toluogunlesi @bubusn @je_mc2 @wildeji and now @kunledee not necessarily because they follow back when they know you add value but because they are social commentators seeking change for a nation in crisis, they provoke certain words right out of my subconscious, and take certain tweets right out of me.
Roughly two weeks ago, My compeer and friend @eaboyeji and I argued about the cabal that held this country's progress for the better and He made me know that 'We overestimated them and Underestimated Ourselves'. Inasmuch as I agree with him, I also consider truthful the fact that Our lives as Nigerians (150 million of Us) lie in the hands of less than a 100 people some of which are now known as FOOLS.
Hellen Keller said 'Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them,But do not let them master you. In the country we live in today,because corruption was not nipped earlier in the bud, it has now become a bane. We have leaders in this country who now see public office as an avenue to enrich themselves. 'We' care little about this dilemma as some of Us either gain from them or await the opportunity to also assume such office. I am of the school of thought that believes that when God and people place you in a position of authority, You either rise up to the occasion or face jibes but authority and its functions are not being adhered to here. Bastardization,unscrupulousness,double-dealing and profiteering has eaten Us up so deep that we can no longer demand accountability from those we vote in. Some of Us even see bribery as a norm. We are no different from the 'cabal'(IBB,OBJ,GEJ et al) in any form.
Leadership must not be built on falsehold,ethnicism but what do we see;Campaign of calumny and all sort of nepotistic schemes.
We're a country that forgets things easily. I've come to realise this long ago. I have strong belief that If you don't suffer for your evil deeds now, soon enough, You will. Cases involving Charles taylor, Hosni Mubarak, Muamar Ghadaffi, and even our own James Onanefe Obori just makes me know that Evil will be punished. It may take time but It will.
Another problem we have is that these despotic and nepotistic tyrants have youth seeds. It pains me so much to see this. A goat doesnt give birth to a sheep. At times, a Great future seems bleak as Our septuagenarian and senile leaders didnt leave us with any foundation.Your children take your character, They are not different from you,you are not different from them.
On twitter, I was able to find out that We could still boast of quality people who take character and integrity seriously. One thing I found out also was that Nigerians didnt take salvaging the current decay in a very very pensive manner. The polity itself has not shown much good example to the upcoming generation in terms of responsibilities in leadership,citizenship and the like but With the help of the Most High and fervent personal development, Some of these Twitter folks have been able to break from the norm and gain real knowledge to upgrade themselves. I call some of them Uncles and Aunt. @toluogunlesi @kunledee @bubusn @id49ja @je_mc2 @Ebuka @DoupleEph @MrFixNigeria @BankyW @eLDeeTheDon @estherclimate @wildeji just to mention a few.
Blogger makes Me stop here, Please see My Tweet'Escapade; The Fecundity Call's appendage above!
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment